Monday 21 May 2012

Over the past week I have been practising throwing cylinders, and with a few tutorials from Andy and Ed i have finally mastered centering. However as i have been practising cylinders i had just been really getting into the process and cutting them open to learn my mistakes so i feel like i dont have much to show for it other than a new process i can use.  However I have also moved onto using stoneware, stoneware is much more smooth material to use and i feel i can work it a lot better. I am starting to get a bit concerned that by the time i get round to firing and glazing pieces that the kiln maybe in use as its also third year fine art hand in over the next few weeks. So it may limit my access to the kiln. I feel i should be more designing for my work for my sketch book along with my work so i have more work to show as long as gaining skills.

Im currently thinking im going to have to rethink my project, maybe take it in another direction as i feel i am currently learning skills that i personally cant put into a context of a space that truly interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment