Tuesday 8 May 2012


Unfortunately today I went in to try and turn some cylinders everyone I tried to turn went to pieces. Andy said “we all have our bad days and they will always be when you're demonstrating, just pretend you're mucking up to show what you're not meant to do.” Helpful advice.
After talking to Cheryl and said to look more into my site, but it a few sound recordings in different cafes I also took a look around for decor that related to my work on the wheel. After looking at Kaneko I decided his work was something I really liked and wanted my work to reflect. So it was interesting for me for something to be culturally relevant in style and perhaps simplistic but relate to the process in the final outcome, like how all the glaze on Kaneko’s work reflects the process in the kiln that it's been through.



I Also Found this interesting site Collaborative piece:


Cathy Mills and Susanna Bearfoot. A collaboration and site specific project- Susanna Bearfoot is a muscian and Cathy Mills is a ceramicist. There collaboration is creating wood land music using installations in ceramics. Sounds are a mixture of acoustic pots and children playing in the wood lands.




I like the general aesthetics of the pots and how they look rustic enough to fit in with there surroundings.
They look at the idea of hanging and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment