Friday 4 May 2012


For some strange reason I decided to buy a children's throwing wheel. This was a mistake as it was a children's painting wheel. I decided to to find something within ceramics and pottery which I really liked and that would keep me really motivated. So I went to the library and got for books:  Studios Potter Handbook and a complete Potter’s Handbook-  they had a useful tips on throwing. I got a book on colouring clay is only to know how to glaze.
 I also got a book on Jun Kaneko- A interdisciplinary artist who usually focuses on ceramics. His Japanese and you can see the cultural influences in his work. They are simplistic pieces which he has decorated with simplistic shapes and textured  glazed  colours.
 I also really like his style of glazing and fill it is something I can apply to my own work.







He is a good example of someone using ceramics for site specific reasons, his workers usually commissioned to a certain site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment