Tuesday 8 May 2012


My site:
 The site I have chosen to look is “Mamsey’s” thai cafe in Hyde Park. I have been here a few times and am really interested in the decor of the cafe, it is full of students artwork and has really interesting tiles. The tiles on the outside of the cafe rule different colours and make up doorstep. The tiling on the floor inside the larger tiles with the two-time repetitive pattern. The most interesting part of the cafe for me was the bathroom, the bathroom looks like a small cave all those with the Mosaic with different pieces of broken crockery with patterns on the bathroom looks like it belongs in Morocco.
I spoke to the owner about to my project on the cafe and he said to me that he would be happy to display any work of mine or use any crockery and I made if he likes what I make. This really inspired me to work towards creating something specifically for my site. And also gave me an interesting insight into the idea of collaboration.







 The main thing i noticed was the patterns in the ceramics and the patterns created by the walls i found this extremely interesting and would be interesting to recreate them or utilise the colours in some way.

I also really liked this fridge i felt its gave the cafe a lot of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment