Sunday 10 June 2012


 Using Illustrator I collaborated with two Graphic Design First years Sam Hoh and Stephanie Buck to create plates that would give directions to the outside world from the woods to local restraunts and the built up multi culture area that was in the woods. This became more about decorating the woodlands with objects and work inspired by the urbanised surroundings of the wood lands. These are the ideas for the plates i have created and plan to scatter through the woodlands.





A piece representing Bangkok Cafe, having spent some time in Bangkok my self i was excited to use and create an image of a tuk tuk as they are common and often in Bangkok and i feel it really somes up the mood of the food, people and culture of Bangkok- Fast, Simple and extremely effective.

For my intial research i went into Mamsey's Thai Cafe, The floor in there was purposely tiled to mimic a floor in Marrakech. I felt the style suited the Oranise Morrocon restraint on Hyde park corner more, I have used this as a basic decoration for a plate to decorate the woods and bring the surrounding culture in rather as direction. 





This used my photography from Bankok, it entitles the street sellers setting up and the monks going to collect there morning offerings. I thought it summed up the "authentic street style food" of Bangkok Cafe.


I was really found of my fish and chip plate designs, I felt it would be a good idea to extend the idea by using the idea of cows and burgers, Sold by the many pubs and takeaways in the surrounding areas of the woods. 
Im really interested in using illustrator to create images and create repetive patterns i think its a nice style.

No comments:

Post a Comment