Saturday 28 April 2012


This is our final project of the year. We are often encouraged to continue projects after handing and to pursue them as interest and that's exactly why I'm when central my project on annual interest.

This summer I will be flying to New York City to work in American summer camp in Fishkill in upstate New York. Sharp preservation holds host to the fresh air fund summer camp program, I'm going to be teaching poetry to 15 to 16-year-old underprivileged boys at camp. The campus called camp Tommy and is designed to give kids a different perspective of life other than the inner-city.
In the interview my camp director he asked me if I had tried using the pottery will before and if edges to kill for which I replied to yes as I tried this. However I did not realise that I'd have to teach poetry as master the subject, anyway I have now taken on the challenge and learning in the 6 weeks how to teach pottery to a classroom of 15 to 16-year-old boys.

This is how I have come up with my project, our project is a site-specific collaborative brief. I initially thought about collaborating with Potter in the pottery studio but these hard to find local in Leds without having a car. When onto looking at space is about as a site collaborated, Cheryl suggested finding a space and working from this space. She also suggested using things in space such as taking a journey like a walk to college and using dirt from the space to throw with. However I did not particularly like this idea. I spoke with someone from our course and a suggested working in kitchens and cafes as sale full of crockery and parts. I thought that this would be an interesting site to collaborate with however I'm still unsure on who to collaborate with.
At this point I spoke to a 3rd year he told me that last project they had worked with someone by getting them to set them a unofficial brief I like this idea. And now looking to several cafes within the to find a space, Cheryl has suggested taking pictures and recordings from the cafes as part of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment